10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
On San Julian Street between 5th Street and 6th Street
Downtown Los Angeles, 90013
Project Homeless Connect Day is designed to bring together service providers, agencies and organizations to provide housing, hospitality, information, health-care and other services for our community’s homeless. Los Angeles County, along with Santa Monica, Long Beach, Pasadena, Downtown Los Angeles, South Los Angeles and the East San Gabriel Valley, will each be hosting an event to bring awareness and connecting the homeless to much needed services. Skid Row photography Club will follow the standards set by Help-Portrait by providing free portraits to the people of skid row; world-classed photographer Chad Hill with assist to this end.
The event will be held on Wednesday, December 8, 2010 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on San Julian Street (between 5th Street and 6th Street) in downtown and will feature a large-scale collaboration of Downtown Los Angeles/Skid Row service provider organizations, businesses and residents to provide area homeless and working poor access to the assistance they need to become self-sufficient and to ultimately obtain affordable housing.
Some of the day’s activities will include:
- Health related services – HIV/STD testing, flu shots, screenings, education
- Public information distribution by DPSS, DCFS, DMH, LASD, LAPD
- Legal Support and Advocacy
- Hygiene Kits (i.e. toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Dental Education
- Community Referral Service
- In addition to Music & Entertainment, Food to be provided, Jumper, etc.